One thing I dislike intensely is the tendency that I have to get headaches that start right where the end of my head meets the top of the spine. I get terrible pains in my neck that eventually lead up to a full-blown headache that can lead to a migraine. I have no idea if other people get these too. It's the only physical ailment that I have.
I don't usually complain about it and even now I just figure it's my lot in life. It can get kicked off by anything that is stressful on me. It's not a stress headache though - it is something with the muscles in my neck pulling on what feels like the bones of my head. I remember as a little kid when I turned my neck that sometimes I'd get this white hot sort of twinge. I guess I wonder if it will get worse as I get older. Advil can help it a lot - but more like 5 or 6 Advil.
I suppose if that's my only problem as I start hitting middle age that I'm lucky. At least I haven't had knee replacements or anything like that. The migraines I inherited from my grandmother - as far as I know, no one has had joint problems in my family.
So, today, I've been sitting in my chair taking Advil and keeping a roll behind my neck. I'm supposed to go out tonight to a friend's house. I'll take some more Advil and go.
Really aching rambling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment