Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The ties that bind

Today, at Temple Beth Shalom, I was once more struck by the fact that we have more ties that bind than opinions that divide. Each year I am privileged to sing High Holy Days at Temple Beth Shalom. I love the service music - wonderful and spiritually moving. What I really enjoy and look forward to every year (besides really loud Rams horn blowing!) is the sermon. Wow! Talk about hitting them out of the park. The Rabbi at this temple rocks. He's easy to listen to, intellectually stimulating, and compassionate. He is articulate and communicative and inclusive. It's the best set of sermons I hear all year. And so I'm struck - as he preaches -aside from the reference today to "waiting for the Messiah" we are all the same. Even the "waiting for the Messiah" could be interpreted as waiting for the same thing after all.

We are so much more together than we are apart. I am just so blessed that they ask us each year. While it is a long stretch to sing and sing quickly in Hebrew - it is spiritually fulfilling for me.

Rabbi Ramblings



1 comment:

Page said...

I agree...although I don't agree with the theology...I've found the services spiritually moving, as well.