I get so annoyed with our conductor bringing in "ringers" at the last minute. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to take J Austin and Chris - but the others?????? No better than I am. Dyana????
What E doesn't seem to understand - or might not care about - is that if these guys really want to be helpful, they would have shown up 3 weeks ago when the tenors/basses were struggling. Our learning curve would have been so much higher. E either doesn't care that people get pissed off at last minute inclusions - when they've been laboring at it for 10 weeks - or he simply doesn't care because it serves his purpose. There isn't anything anyone can do about it. He will do what he wants - he is the conductor. When you are one of the ones who has labored mightily for weeks and then someone who you know is no better than you are waltzes in. . . it annoys you. But, E will never get that. I gave up on that a long time ago. So, we just stay constantly annoyed at him. Guess he can live with it. That and the sarcasm. . . it does get old after a while.
Simply had to ramble for a bit. In the end, I sing with him because he's the best conductor in town even if he is backward at relational stuff. He just has to wave his arms in the right tempo i suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen, sister!
Page, just read this. It's just the truth.
Must remind me to keep up with my blogging.
Post a Comment