Friday, October 24, 2008

MIA

Hello there
I've been missing in action but not missing THE action.
Whew. I've been having a very full life recently. Starting backwards from today
1) Our very first Homecoming Pep Rally at our Upper School that just graduated its first Senior class last year. It was great and very inspiring to know that the last 19 years of my life have been dedicated to an organization of which I am immensely proud.
2) The Tell-Tale Heart: so, check it out. .today in class I had the tables all pushed together seance style. I had purchased spider webs, flickering candles, fall leaves a pumpkin and had a very gypsy looking scarf over the table. On my overhead speakers looping through my computer - a rain storm. In the corner, under a bean bag chair - a white noise heart beat sound. . subtle. Then a sign on my door "Enter silently". As they all arrived. .. I read aloud E.A. Poe's The Tell Tale Heart. It was GOOD.
3) Earlier this week, picture my room full of 6 rice cookers. Picture 6 different kinds of rice - sticky, Jasmine, brown, red, purple, and black. Picture very sincere 6th graders tasting each and writing their ideas down. Picture them developing an appreciation for something they've never experienced. It was GOOD.
4) Rehearsal. Lots and lots of rehearsal.
5) Church - that too.
One night I went to bed at 7:30 :) After a week of board meetings and scrambling around and rehearsals and working and socializing. . . .I needed it.

Next on my agenda - let's see: well, Sunday I'll turn 48. Saturday I have a morning rehearsal and then I'm meeting my friends for dinner and then the Phantom of the Opera and then out to drink after that. Then Sunday - church - I'm a reader and it should be a fairly dramatic Sunday after all - considering everything that's been happening.

So, nothing earth shaking. Just my life as it goes on.

That's it.

Recent Ramblings


No comments: