Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Redemption

Friday, one of my former students with whom I was still in touch, was found dead on a couch - by her boyfriends hand. Then the scoundrel shot himself. I don't know what sick problem was in his head. I'm absolutely stunned.

No one should die before their time. Maybe it was her time though. She was an amazing girl - had many issues to overcome. Lost her father tragically. Had been clean and sober for 2 years - off the pills. . was in her final year and doing her student teaching. It just feels so not fair - she had a future finally.

I'd reconnected with her in the last year. We talked about many things. She was deeply faithful and she was so excited - she was going to be a teacher. . . I was so proud. Who better than someone who had been there and done that.

God rest her soul


No comments: