Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekly Rambling?

Well, looks like I get time to enter my thoughts into my blog once a week. This sort of reflects my life. Once a week I sit in my easy chair - watch football or HGTV - and just relax. The joys of this endeavor can beat going out with friends easily. Don't get me wrong - I love being with my friends and 9 times out of 10 will choose them unconditionally over this La-Z-boy recliner. However, there are days.

Today we had our first two service day at St. Anne's. Went to lunch with friends and then tried to help another friend find some shoes. I may be the only person I know who is just going "relaxed" to the Gala. I figure, it's already costing me 100 bucks to go - not going to blow out my bank account on a new dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. I'm going to look nice but I'm going to be reasonable about it. I'm there to have a good time.

It's my conductors 25th year here. More importantly - it's my friends 25th year in my life. We've had an interesting time growing up together - sometimes in concert, sometimes in opposition. It will be a great event.

This week at school is midterm exam review and writing 4 separate exams for me. Next year - I'm designing something new. I don't know what - maybe a new job.

I'm just relaxing right now and trying to answer politely questions aimed my direction. Even though you can look at the t.v. and tell what the score is. . .adults drive me crazy. At work and Chorale I have to be polite but at home - it's just ridiculous to answer questions for people fully capable of answering it themselves. Sorry - that was a rant. I apologize.

So, this week is Gala week. Lots of work to do. St. Matthew Passion to work on. Life to live.

See you next week
Recent Rambling


No comments: