Thursday, May 20, 2010

What doesn't kill you. . .

. . . just might kill you anyway
My mother fell and broke her arm - 9 screws and a plate and a patient who isn't patient. She wants what she wants when she wants it. Me - not cut out to be a nurse for someone who is negative in attitude. I think every adversity should be faced with a positive approach; a "I will conquer" kind of perspective ; an "okay - can't do it that way - let's see how I can do it" sort of thing. Not so much.
Everything is negative, everything is not doable. She frets about her abilities months out without having any clue of what it will be. She definitely doesn't follow that verse "Take no thought for tomorrow, each day has enough worries of its own". And me. . . I am going to die from all the swallowed retorts, all of the things I want to say but can't. I just need to let it go and hope that she lives through her negativism without impacting my postivism too much. Given the option, I'll choose the positive approach every time.
People do not understand why I am always upset when they start being negative toward others. .this is the reason. No one needs to grow up a negative old lady, back biting, and woe is me-ing all over the place.
Folks, grab life in a crazy way. Pick it up and shake it out and love it and do it and live it until you cannot grab one more ounce out of it. Then, and only then, will you have lived!

No comments: