It's hard to believe in yourself when you keep setting yourself up . . or, how could I believe I was worthy of admiration in the first place. Sounds negative, doesn't it? Just when you think you are getting it together and maybe someone else thinks you are getting it together then - wham - reality. I think embracing reality is the best defense to a world where we dreamers often tend to dwell. When you fly too high something happens that creates a resounding "thump" back to earth. Strangely, it isn't a depressing thought to me. I can dwell in reality. It's much more fun to not. . .but also self deluding. However, shouldn't one dream? Shouldn't one have those moments of "maybe"? I think you have to be prepared for the bounce. The inevitable "ouch" that comes with a hard landing on the cold surface of the real. I'm not going to tell you what "it" is. That's not important and frnakly would shock almost everyone anyway. All I can say is that it's not okay to stomp on your own dreams but when someone else does - it's okay to feel badly but not to drown. Strength.
Regretfully rambling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment