Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Time keeps on slippin'. . ..

Summer is winding down quickly. In about 12 days I do the unthinkable - I go back to work. Oh, do not misunderstand. I adore my job and fully intend to be at it until I can no longer connect with my students. I do enjoy the pace of summer though - being able to hang out with friends without worrying about having to get up for the J-O-B at 5:30 a.m. and still function happily and cosily as a member of society until 11 p.m. I don't think anyone has any idea how much effort goes into relationships after a long day of ALL relationships ALL the time - kids - it's all about the social and if you do not deal with their affective domains they will not learn. So all day I'm "Dr. Phyll" to 140 kids. However, if I reach one that no one else reached then I've completed my God given mission here on this planet.

I've gotten into yoga this summer. Mostly, it's because I have a very dear friend who teaches yoga and I can connect with her in the summer after class. I also just need to be stronger (to keep up with the aforementioned kids).

I would have loved to have gone out of town this summer. I do not intend to spend another summer completely in Annapolis. I did manage to get to Charlottesville (with a repeat planned for next year). However, next year, summer 2009 I am going overseas if I have to go alone with a backpack on my back. I didn't renew that passport for nothing. Besides, Europe is becoming so homogenized that if you don't go soon you won't be able to tell one country from the next. The flavor is disintegrating due to the "international community" aspect of our world.

Today, I'm off to yoga at 12:30 and then to Nordstrom for a facial - same friend, different job. So, I am going to enjoy the easy pace for the next 12 days. Then I will fully enjoy the frantic pace of the next 9 months. So glad that life is changeable and provides many opportunities for growth and expansion as well as rest and relaxation.

Rejuvenated Rambler

No comments: