Maryland in the summer can be oppressively hot - especially at the end of July and all through August. We do not start expecting temperature moderation on a consistent basis until September.
This week has been a gift from God. No AC needed! Drive the car with the windows down! Wear a sweater in the cool evening and sleep under a blanket kind of weather. The skies have been sparkling blue. . . I'm so glad we received this gift the week before I go back to work full time.
I've been enjoying time with friends. Dinner's outside and in. Walks and talks. It has just been perfect and I'm so thankful.
Monday, it's back to school time. I love to teach. Every year I get the nerves just hoping that I can do the magic thing again - charm the reluctant pre-pubescent student into actually enjoying school.
I've accomplished two things this summer: I took a class at the University of Virginia, and intend to take another one next summer, and I cleaned out my closet and disposed of many things that were just gross consumerism. The people to whom I gave my things were grateful and I feel that it was the right thing to do.
I'm currently waiting on two books and a CD fron Amazon. Haroun's Sea of Stories, Howl's Moving Castle, and a CD of the Dona Nobis Pacem that I'm singing with the Chorale. Today, off to yoga (with which I've fallen in love!) and hopefully meet my friend who is just back from Italy for dinner. Three friends in three days - how delightful.
Well, enough rambling for now. Living up to my reputation for diversity of thought. . . .
Peace
Restored Rambler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment