Yesterday was the last day with kids this year. I'm still in until Tuesday - I get three days off then back to work next Monday with the summer camp kids. I need the cash as I'm going to be taking a course in Charlottesville and I need to pay for it. Teachers - we can't teach without education and we cannot afford the education - lol
So - back to the topic at hand - last day with kids. It's been a good year all in all. I'm saying good-bye to two teaching partners that are going to be very difficult to replace. I hate that - and its happened before- but I wish I could get a run of about 5 years where everything stayed stable.
Now, on to summer. I'm working, as mentioned, for 3 weeks. I'm taking a class, as mentioned, for 1 week. Oh, and I'm taking a course in Italian. My friend is going to Italy and wanted someone to take the class with her so that she could have someone to practice with before she goes. Its mind expanding.
I'm starting up my summer voice lessons. Love those because the person from whom I take doesn't make you feel as if you are a hopeless case. And, since she knows better than I, I take everything she says and do it absolutely. It works. The one thing you have to do is open your mouth!
I'm pretty relaxed about my summer. I might be going to Las Vegas to meet some friends there. I know, its hot in August in Vegas, however it sounds like a lot of fun.
So - time to turn off my brain for a while. . thank goodness.
Relaxed rambling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment