Sunday, June 8, 2008

Big weekend

Friday night. . .got my hair cut - really short. I like it and it's easy to style. It feels lighter and stays put longer. .then chaperoned a Middle School Dance. It was our 8th graders last dance. Talk about off the hook - those kids came in wired. I cannot say I'll be sorry to see some of these kids go. Not my favorite class - but some of my favorite kids are in it. Then, woke up Saturday for the Wine Feastival - great event but it was 100 in the shade. . .yep, 100. Then party Saturday night during which we had a thunderstorm.
It was an okay party. I didn't know anyone there except the host/hostess and a few of my friends who came. After a while, after really good food and conversation, we all ended up sitting around and looking at each other. The other guests kept getting louder and louder and louder. I don't do well with huge, noisy crowds. My senses go on overload. So, I left after saying good-bye to the host/hostess.
This morning - went to work and then to 8th grade Commencement ceremonies. Again, hot outside, but fortunately we graduated them indoors in the airconditioning. So now, finally, kicking back and just chilling.

I'm ready for some cooler weather. Monday is practice at St.Margaret's church, then Tuesday evening prepare for Immigration Simulation, then Immigration Simulation on Wednesday, then up and back to New York City on Thursday, then Friday the last day of school with ensuing party. . . My life gets so busy this time of year. Then I get about 4 days off then back into teaching summer camp for 3 weeks, a week in Charlottesville - THEN, I'll find somewhere to go where I can relax. Although a week in Charlottesville will be pretty relaxing.

I am wishing I could go on a cruise somewhere cool. . . as in temperature. Maybe I can book a last minute Alaska cruise? I don't know.

ruminating Rambling

No comments: