Robert Frost
. . "If one by one we counted people out for the least sin it wouldn't take us long to get so we had no one to live with. For to be social is to be forgiving."
One of my favorite quotes.
Live has been busy for me. The end of the school year was fraught with an amazing amount of tension and distress for me personally. People can be so mixed up at times. Since I'm a "people" I think that applies to me also.
On the other hand, I've been having a ball sitting on the deck of the Severn Inn with girlfriends and slinging back 3 bottles of wine; having an impromptu girls lunch; enjoying working out with a friend; and relishing the slower pace of summer.
I do go back to work for 3 weeks starting Monday - summer Enrichment program - I have been told it is a much more leisurely thing. This is good. I have a week at University of Virginia /Charlottesville - really looking forward to that.
I might be traveling some this summer - currently that is up in the air - it is beginning to settle though - looks promising. So, slower and steadier . . .
I did leave my classroom in "walk in" condition. I walked around the building the other day and the younger i.e. less experienced people had decided to leave it for fall. I hope they understand that meeetings precede cleaning :)
Now - I can take a breath or two. It is absolutely necessary. I can sit by the pool and read a book; I can actually LOOK for a book; I can drink a bottle of wine and know that I do not have to get up at 5:30 A.M. and get ready for work. It's nice. Relaxation is necessary.
Restorative Rambling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment