Thursday, May 29, 2008

Car Woes

Tie rods. I need a new tie rod. Not only that, I will have to rent a car as I hate to be dependent on anyone for transportation. The good thing is it is only an overnight rental.

Funny thing, cars. Wish I could live without one, but since I cannot I suppose the best thing is that mine has been paid for a long time (going on year 3 now of no car payments). This car is going to be with me until I turn 50. At that point - I'm buying a new car - a really new car :)

School is winding down. The kids are going predictably bonkers. New teachers are "so over it" (experienced teachers know better). However, reflecting, it's been a good year. The kids have been awesome. I think my change of some routine things this year created a much more pleasant atmosphere in our wing. No one else stepped up to lead so - in I went. Apparently, it was a good idea.

I need some down time. Need to sit and drink beer on a porch or something. I would like to get away - actually would like to plan something for the week of June 16 - my week off before I work this summer. I also would like to plan something for the end of July and the first of August. We'll see. Seems if I don't go alone I don't go. This makes it difficult and less fulfilling. However, others have hooked up with their travel partners. Somehow, I didn't make the list. Oh well. It is what it is. Just one more thing about which I try not to care.

So, off to rent a car! Then off to the gym. . . with Alicia.

Regular rambling

No comments: