So. . . the owner of this house prevailed and the two magnificent pines in my backyard are gone. Now, instead of a shady beginning to the morning, on a cool patio, we have bright streaming sunlight. Nice in the spring - wait until its 90 when you wake up in the morning. My one consolation is that MY room is on the opposite side of the house. Now I have to "relandscape" I'll, "get you whatever you want. . . just let me know" argument is scarcely causing me to feel better about this. It took me 7 years to get the plants that thrive in semi-shade to finally fill in and look good - now, the whole habitat changes and it makes me ill. So, Now the neighbors are not blocked, you can see over the hill into their house, the next door neighbors disgustingly ugly backyard shows. . .and I have a huge landscaping job. I don't mind it, I simply have to rethink EVERYTHING. No more luxurious ferns, hosta, etc.
In looking at it, I'm thinking 3 Crape Myrtle to match the two I already have and to provide (hopefully) quick shade. I do not want a slow growing dogwood. . . I want shade in the next 3 years. I will also not plant a 3 foot high tree, I will plant a 6 - 12 foot high tree NOW.
I hate cutting down trees. Hate it. However, this is one thing that I had absolutely no control over at all.
Full sun. . .thinking
Rototiller Ranting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment