Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I don't like. . .

There are a few things that I just don't like - sorry, but true.
Whispering behind lifted hands.
Feeling like people are playing games. THIS I really despise.

I don't like them - but there isn't anything I can do about them. Those people apparently do not know that it hurts people's feelings or makes them feel as if they are the ones about whom the whispering is occuring. In all honesty, they are probaby unaware as we all live within our own worlds and do not see what is going on in other's. And, in all honesty, it could have been nothing - given the tiredness and the evening that's probably what it was. Still - I hate whispering. I quench it in my classroom because I'm aware of the misunderstandings that it can cause.

Best course of action - just leave. And then forget it.

It's tough when you feel that when people walked into the room that you were persona non grata. For some reason that's the feeling that I received like, "Oh my God, she's here." Well, I am who I am and it is what it is. Guess I'll lay low and stay away as long as it takes.

No comments: